Laser Distance Meter with Communication
- Digital communication: Profibus-DP, Profinet, Ethernet Modbus TCP
- Long range – High temperature targets
- High accuracy +/ - 1mm
- Design for steel industry conditions
The operation of the Dilas FT1600 is based on time of flight measurement. The sensor calculates the distance of the target surface using the time of flight of visible laser light pulses.
The measurement and sensor’s status are delivered on the digital communication.
The Dilas FT1600 is an autonomous sensor mounted in compact aluminium housing, IP66. The sensor can be ordered with mounting bracket or water cooling jacket.
For electrical connection, the sensor has three M12 connectors: one for the power supply and outputs, and two for communication.
The parameters (time, near, far, laser ON/OFF) are set with the communication link when it is in use.
If not, the sensor can also work as a standalone unit ; in this case setup is made from the control panel at the back of sensor. A digital display indicates the distance and two LED indicate status of sensor.
Features and benefits
The Dilas FT1600 is a digital, high resolution, non-contact laser measurement or detection sensor. The target may be hot or cold, stationary or moving. Dilas FT1600 measures on all non-shiny surfaces.
- Measurement range: up to 50 m on natural surface, 500 m on reflective tape (see Accessories)
- Target temperature: up to 1300 °C
- Accuracy: up to ± 1 mm (1σ)
- Digital communication: Profibus-DP (FT1602 -•C) or Profinet (FT1603 -•C) or Ethernet Modbus-TCP (FT1604 -•C)
- Analog output 4-20 mA
- Visible laser beam (class 2)
- Autonomous sensor: ready to use, no calibration required
- Integrated 5 digits display
- Easy sensor setup with pre-set distances selection or extended configuration
- Special modes optimized for Detection and Tracking
- Water cooling & air purging ; optional heat shield (model FT160• - JC)
The Dilas FT1600 is well designed for applications of measure (dimensions, position) of slabs, billets, blooms, coils, and to detect product while passing in front of sensor. The product can be hot or cold.
Here are some examples:
Slab dimension measurement Furnace entry : detection and position control
- Heat shield to protect sensor from direct radiation, only for FT160•-JC models.
- Termination resistor for Profibus (male connector M12, B-coded, ref. 2536756).
- Communication cables with protective steel braid: see separate datasheet.
- Reflective tape Oralite ® 5200 white 1x1 m (ref. 2636434), useable between 50 m and 500 m. Can increase the reflectivity of your surface to improve response time of Dilas FT1600 in case of fixed target.